Here are the facts
- Criminals target those areas which are soft targets.
- As other areas, get more organized in their crime watch
activities, so criminals move on - will Tokai be the next "hit zone"?
- It has been proved that remaining vigilant and getting
organized will reduce criminal activity! Petty theft out of cars, stealing hubcaps etc
remains a problem.
- Malicious damage to property - Brass house numbers are
stolen, plaques torn down, graffiti, etc.
- More than 100 cars were stolen or broken Into within our
area last year.
- More than 65 housebreakings occurred within our area last
- These are only the actual cases opened, but a recent survey
showed that there may be more than five times as many housebreaking incidents which are
reported, but no case is opened. (This could imply more than 325 incidents)
- Best case scenario is that a car or house was hit about
every 2 days - could It be yours next?
- What is the value of damage done and goods stolen? A broken
car window could cost over R500 to replace, to say nothing of the stress and time wasted I